Compiling Customer's Canvas from Source Code
You can request Customer's Canvas source code if you purchased the on-premises version. Customer's Canvas source code is a Visual Studio solution designed for Visual Studio 2015.
To build the solution:
CustomersCanvasSrc.zip archive to your file system.
- Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013, both
- Download and install TypeScript 2.0 or higher for Visual Studio 2015.
\src\CustomersCanvas.sln in Visual Studio.
- Check if Web Developer Tools is installed in your Visual Studio.
- Open the Tools -> Extensions and Updates... menu:
- You should see them in the list under Installed -> Tools:
- If Web Developer Tools is not installed in your Visual Studio, you can repair your Visual Studio installation (in Control Panel click Programs, then click Programs and Features) and check the Web Developer Tools in the list of optional components.
- Finally, select a build configuration from the Solution Configurations drop down menu: select Release.
- Build the solution: press Ctrl+Shift+B or click Build -> Build Solution in the menu.
- Copy your license file (
Aurigma.GraphicsMill.lic) to the
- Include the license file in the project; this way the license file will be sent to the server when the project is published. To include the file in the project perform the following steps:
- Click the Show All Files icon in the Solution Explorer
\bin\ folder should appear.
- Open the
\bin\ folder, find
Aurigma.GraphicsMill.lic, right-click it and then click Include In Project.
- Set SimplePolygraphy as a startup project: right-click SimplePolygraphy in Solution Explorer and click Set as StartUp Project.
- Start the project: press Ctrl+F5 or click Debug -> Start Without Debugging in the menu. In your browser you should see a page containing an image carousel allowing you to select a product and the web-to-print designer.
To deploy the project right-click SimplePolygraphy in Solution Explorer and click Publish.... To publish under IIS create a new publish profile. For more information about Customer's Canvas see the Deploying Customer's Canvas to Windows Server topic.
If you face a compilation problem, refer to Troubleshooting topic for a solution.
Problem. When you compile the solution, Visual Studio throws an error that it can only be compiled for ECMAScript 6 or higher.
Solution. Update your TypeScript dependency to the version 1.8 or install Visual Studio 2015 update 2 (it already includes Typescript 1.8).