Launching the personalization process
To create a web-to-print solution integrated with your online store, you must ensure that the personalization process can initialize before adding an item to the shopping cart.
Stages of the Personalization Process
The personalization process requires consistent implementation of the following actions:
- Check for binding to specification in Customer's Canvas.
- Get the configuration for the UI Framework (list of personalization steps, editor configuration, a set of options, etc.) based on the specification.
- Register the customer as a special user of your Customer's Canvas account to create private storage of personalized data (if the customer has already been registered, obtain the required identification information of their private storage).
- Get an access token for the personalization tool to work with the customer's private storage.
- Launch the personalization tool in the specified configuration of UI Framework using the access token.
- Get the personalization results.
The Quick Way
Customer's Canvas launches the personalization process based on a design template. When the user finishes editing this design, Customer's Canvas creates a separate personalized design in this user's private storage that contains all the final edits made by this user. Information about this private design, additional product parameters, and the options selected by the user are the results of personalization.
To get the results of personalization, you can subscribe to the end edit event. You can save them together with information about the product in the shopping cart in your online store until checkout is completed.
Until the personalization results are saved as a special entity in your Customer's Canvas account, the private design is considered temporary and will be deleted after a specified period.
Thus, if the customer has personalized the product and then abandoned the purchase, the personalization results will not be saved, and the temporary private design will be automatically deleted.
Now, let's discuss how you can save and process the personalization results.