Working with projects
- 2 minutes to read
Once a customer places an order in your WooCommerce store for a product personalized with Customer's Canvas, a project is automatically created in Customer's Canvas BackOffice. It contains all the information you need to fulfill the order: some order details and a print file. This tutorial explains how you can work with them.
To run the personalization process, you need:
- A WooCommerce store with the installed Customer's Canvas plugin.
- A BackOffice tenant linked to your online store.
- A product connected to Customer's Canvas, as explained in the Connecting a template-based editor to a product tutorial.
To avoid making real payments, you need to either enable the test payment mode in WooCommerce or set up an offline payment method (e.g., cash). Be careful with these options if your store is already live and has real traffic. In this case, you may consider other options like creating a 100% discount code or limiting payment methods only to test products.
1. Complete the order
First, you need to personalize a product and place an order for it.
- Open a product you have connected to Customer's Canvas, personalize a design, and add it to the shopping cart.
- Go to the checkout page and complete the order.
- Make sure that you see an order confirmation page.
Now you may go to your WooCommerce admin panel to ensure that the order has been created there as usual.
2. Download a print file from a project
Customer's Canvas automatically creates a project for each order successfully processed by WooCommerce. It contains all necessary information, including the PDF print file.
- In the BackOffice control panel, navigate to the Projects section.
- Click the newly personalized project.
- Scroll down to the Product info and click the Download link.
3. Changing the project status
To distinguish between the projects you have already processed and new projects, you can use the Status field.
- In the Projects section, use the Status filter to show only projects with the New status.
- Under the project ID, use the buttons to change the project status.
- If the order is correct, click Confirm to change the status to Confirmed.
- If you start processing the order, click To work to change the status to Active.
- If you have fulfilled the order, click Mark as complete to change the status to Completed.
- If you would like to cancel the order processing, use the Reject button.