What is Packaging Editor?
- 1 minute to read
Aurigma's packaging solution is based on two web applications:
- Packaging Editor creates die-cut templates and 3D models of the packaging.
- Design Editor customizes the graphic design of the packaging.
The following diagram illustrates the workflow of this packaging solution.
First, you need to select a package type and package size. Packaging Editor creates a die-cut template based on these parameters. Then, Packaging Editor suggests selecting a mockup allowing you to see what the packaging looks like after printing or to display additional information that helps in the design process. After that, Packaging Editor opens Design Editor so that you can create a design for the die-cut template. Finally, Packaging Editor shows a 3D preview of the personalized packaging and renders hi-res outputs. To move from one step to another, you just click the Next button in the Packaging Editor.
This solution uses the following graphics formats:
- Hi-res output files are rendered in the PDF format (die-cut templates, graphic design, and the resulting print file).
- Mockups of die-cut templates are passed to the Design Editor editor in SVG.
- 3D models are generated in the COLLADA format.
- Preview images are in PNG or JPG.