Working with a nopCommerce store
This section explains how to use Customer's Canvas together with nopCommerce ecommerce - such as configuring products, processing user orders, and others.
How to add Customer's Canvas to a nopCommerce store?
At the moment, you cannot install the plugin by yourself. Just contact your salesperson or submit a support ticket and request to connect your store to Customer's Canvas, and we will install it for you.
We will need to get the following information:
- An address of your store admin page.
- Credentials for a user which has enough permissions to install plugins in your store.
- Information about your Customer's Canvas tenant.
If you have any special requirements, please let us know as well.
Where do I find Customer's Canvas in nopCommerce?
To get the list of your nopCommerce plugins, click Configuration > Local plugins. You can find the personalization plugin in the Widgets group.
Once the plugin is set up and running, Customer's Canvas will appear in the left sidebar of the nopCommerce admin panel.
The following options will also appear in the menu:
- Plugin settings allows for displaying and changing the integration settings. Normally, you don't need to change them yourself.
- Control panel will bring you to the Customer's Canvas BackOffice, so that you could manage your Customer's Canvas data.
If for some reasons you would like to turn it off, you need to let us know that Customer's Canvas is no longer needed. After that you may remove our plugin from the Plugins section.
How to use Customer's Canvas along with nopCommerce?
The general workflow is the following:
- Organize your nopCommerce product catalog as usual – edit product details, add variants, set up prices, etc.
- In Customer's Canvas, connect a Personalization Workflow (editors) to those products. It will add a Personalize button (or its equivalent) to a product page. This button opens the editor with the design template you have configured.
- Once the user finishes editing, the product is added to the shopping cart as usual.
- When the user completes the order, Customer's Canvas creates a Project for this order. It allows for receiving a print file personalized by the user.
All parts of this workflow which are specific to nopCommerce are described in this section. Also, you will find the general instructions how to use Customer's Canvas BackOffice (common to all online stores) in the Admin's Guide.